Appeal To Pilgrims and Travelers
On the occasion of commencement of pilgrimage season to the Holy Place and Eid Eladha holiday for the year 1439 Hegira/ 2018AD., the Directorate General of Civil Aviation calls upon all individuals who are pilgrims and travelers as well as those bidding farewell or receiving such pilgrims and travelers, to collaborate with the authorities operating at Kuwait International Airport in order to provide the best services to the pilgrims and travelers, by adopting the following:
1- Make certain that the travel document (passport/ civil ID. card) you carry is valid and in force.
2- Ensure that you have obtained the travel visas for yourself and accompanying persons to the country of destination, and check the validity of such visas.
3- Please adhere to the weights and sizes applicable at Kuwait International Airport, where the weight of each piece does not exceed (32) kilograms, and the dimensions do not exceed (75 × 65 × 90) centimeters.
4- Do not carry more than one handbag into the aircraft, and its total dimensions (length + width + height) does not exceed (115) centimeters, and its weight (5) kilograms.
5- Presence of pilgrims and travelers at Kuwait International Airport should be as follows:
A- To be present at least three hours prior to departure time of flights in order to finalize check-in procedures.
B- To be present at the departure Passports Hall at least one hour prior to departure time in order to complete passport procedures.
C- To be present at the Departure Gate at least 30 minutes prior to departure time in order to avoid delay in finalizing the security procedures and hence causing delay to flights’ departure.
6- To reduce as much as possible the number of persons bidding farewell or receiving the pilgrims and travelers.
7- To collaborate with the operating parties and avoid gathering in front of the entrances and exits as well as the check-in barriers, and also complying with to the order.
8- To safeguard the facilities of the international airport, and avoid tampering them.
9- Do not leave vehicles in front of the departure and arrival halls in order to avoid obstructing the vehicles traffic.
10- All liquids must be kept in containers not exceeding 100 ml and placed in a single transparent plastic bag that can be sealed tightly once again, for each passenger with a maximum capacity of 1 liter, with a size of nearly (20x20).
11- To ensure compliance with the security procedures, all passengers must not accept any materials from individuals not known to them.
12- Do not leave your personal belongings at the airport areas unattended.
13- Do not carry prohibited and hazardous materials such as (sharp tools and objects - compressed gas - solvents - explosives, ammunition and fireworks - flammable substances - oxidizing substances and magnetized materials - toxic and contaminating substances).
14- If there is any complaint on hindering your travel, or suggestions, please refer to the Office of the Controller of Airport Service on duty at the Departure Hall.
Thanking you for collaborating with us,,,
With complements from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation
The requirements to file a complaint
- Click here for the New Security Measures for Handbag.
You may file a complaint against airlines and/or travel agents at the “Complaint Section of Directorate General of Civil Aviation” or at the office of “Duty Airport Superintendent” for any of the following cases:
- Flight cancellation
- Financial claim
- Booking cancellation
- Fictitious booking
- Lost luggage
- Denied boarding by an airline
- Flight delay
- Flight schedule change without prior notice
- Involuntary change of the booking class of service
Required documents when filing a complaint:
- A valid civil ID or passport
- Receipt or proof of payment
- Air ticket
- Boarding pass (if applicable)
- Power of attorney (in case the applicant is not the complainant)
- Any other supplementary documents
Advices & guidance to air passengers:
- Check validity of travel documents (passport, ID expiry date)
- Ensure obtaining all the mandatory documents needed to enter the country you plan to visit (valid visa, medical check etc.)
- Deal only with approved travel agents (authorized by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation of the State of Kuwait)
- Do not do more than one booking for the same flight/date to avoid cancellation of both bookings.
- Ensure that air ticket details and hotel booking are correct as per your request (air ticket includes 13 digits, passenger name as written in his/her passport, travel date, departure time, air carrier, flight number and route)
- Ensure that passenger name inserted in the air ticket is identical to the passenger’s name that is written in his/her passport.
- Keep all documents pertinent to your travel including: receipt, fare conditions, contract, air ticket and hotel booking to reserve your rights.
- Provide your airline or travel agent with your phone number and a valid email to enable them to communicate with you regarding flight information or any unexpected changes.
- Ensure reading air fare’s conditions in case of cancelation or refund before completing your booking of flights and hotels
- In case of reaching your final destination and unable to check-in at your hotel because of booking inexistence please get a stamped document from the hotel management stating the reason of unacceptance of admission.
- In case you voluntary want to cancel your travel, inform your airline or your travel agent immediately.
- Arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to flight departure time.
- Attend at airline’s check in counter before passengers’ acceptance deadline, and make sure you reach the right check-in zone.
- Arrive at the boarding gate on time according to boarding time as printed in your boarding pass.
- Check your baggage allowance stated by the airline you travel with.
- You are not allowed to have more than one piece of carryon luggage (handbag) with 7 kg maximum weight, and total dimensions of 115 cm.
- In case of losing your luggage, file an irregularity report before leaving the customs area at the arrival hall, and refer to lost & found section of airport operations department.
• In case of irregularities when traveling through Kuwait International Airport, please report to the Duty Airport Superintendent or visit the department of air transport (compliant section) at the Directorate General of Civil Aviation.
• In case of irregularities during your travel abroad (out of Kuwait) please report to the local authority.
For inquiries and complaints, please contact us directly at 24719973 or 24336699 ext. 1447 – 1445 – 1417
Group travel guidelines:
- Group travel fares include: air transport cost, accommodation cost, transfers and sightseeing (if applicable) of all cities you plan to visit . In case of contract breach , please file a complaint within 30 days from the return date to Kuwait providing all the necessary documents that support your claim.
- Ensure that your travel agent has got Directorate General of Civil Aviation’s approval to organize Group Travel.
- Ensure you are informed with the travel program; itinerary, air carriers, dates, departure/arrival times, accommodation sites, transfers etc.
- Ensure reading your group travel contract and all of its pertaining conditions before you sign the contact, and keep the contract until you arrive back to Kuwait.
- Check whether your trip may include transfer/transit point(s) at other airports, and the layover time.
- Many passenger’s greeters cause crowdedness at the airport, which hinders the smooth passengers’ movement and efficient operations.
- Do not accept carrying anything from people you do not know for your own safety and security.
- Do not leave luggage unattended at any part of airports.
- When experiencing a suspicious activity please contact airport authority or security staff at the airport immediately.
- Smoking is not allowed at the airport except at the designated areas.